Rome’s Colosseum has been reconfirmed as the most popular tourist attraction in the world, for the second year in a row, based on TripAdvisor.
In addition to the Colosseum, the list includes the Vatican Museums in 3rd place and Piazza S. Marco in 10th position. The Louvre is in 2nd place.
The sixth most popular tourist attraction in Italy is the Duomo of Milan, followed by the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Galleria Degli Uffizi in Florence, Palazzo Ducale in Venice, and Galleria Borghese in Rome.
In 2018 the Colosseum welcomed a record 7.6 million visitors – an average of around 21,000 people a day.
TOP 10 ATTRACTIONS IN THE WORLD IN 2019
1. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
2. Louvre Museum, Paris, France
3. Vatican Museums, Vatican City
4. Statue of Liberty, New York City, US
5. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
6. Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
7. French Quarter, New Orleans, US
8. Anne Frank House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
9. Skydeck Chicago – Willis Tower, Chicago, US
10. Piazza S. Marco, Venice, Italy