There are some recipes that only come out on special occasions. For one reason or another, they become known for “the ones you make at Christmas” or the “famous Easter cake.” These walnut butter balls only come out three times a year for me: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
1 1/4 cups walnuts or pecans
2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
Dash of salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup powdered sugar.
1) Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Using a food processor, chop walnuts or pecans until they are very finely ground, until they almost resemble bread crumbs.
2) Using a stand or handheld mixer, blend butter, salt, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. 3) With the mixer on low, add the pecans or walnuts until just blended.
4) With the mixer still on low, slowly add the 2 cups of flour until well blended.
5) Using a 1-inch scoop or a tablespoon, scoop cookies and roll between your hands.
6) Place on cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper and bake for 17 to 19 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking.
7) When fully cooked, remove from cookie sheet and let cool slightly. While still warm, gently roll cookies in the additional cup of powdered sugar. Plate and serve.
Recipe by => https://www.orderisda.org/